Donation of Goods/Services
Ishtar relies on your generous donations to provide free goods and services to women and children in Langley who have experienced violence. One of the ways that we distribute these donations to women and children is through our free store, Isabelle’s Boutique. Isabelle’s is located at our Administration Office and is open to women Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. We also try to provide start up hampers to women leaving the Transition Houses, consisting of items such as: nonperishable foods, toilet paper, dish soap, laundry detergent and other household cleaners.
Please drop off items Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm.
How can you help?
While we are grateful for all donations, some of the most common Wish List items include:
- Bath sets, new unopened makeup and hygiene items for women (i.e. feminine products, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, bubble bath, hair products, combs/brushes)
- Hygiene items for children (no tears shampoo, bubble bath, tooth paste/tooth brushes)
- New and clean gently used clothing for women and children
- Pajamas for women and children especially size 3T and up
- New underwear and socks for women and children
- Slippers and bath robes
- Gift cards (i.e. grocery stores, gas cards, movies, restaurants, coffee shops)
- Umbrellas, hats, gloves, scarves
- Baby monitors
- Purses, backpacks, duffel bags and small luggage
- Pots and pans
- Dishes, cutlery, glasses, mugs and tea pots
- Coffee makers, toasters, toaster ovens, crock pots
- Beside lamps, clock radios
Unfortunately due to safety/health regulations and limited storage we are unable to accept:
- Used furniture and mattresses
- Infant/children’s car seats
- Infant cribs
- Large appliances
- Stuffed toys
- Computer monitors, hard drives, key boards
- Cell phones
We know that Langley is a caring community. Please be assured that your contribution will make a difference in the lives of women and children. We very much appreciate the support and encouragement we receive from our donors and we certainly could not keep Isabelle’s open without you! For more information on how you can donate to Ishtar please call the Volunteer and Donations Program Coordinator at 604-534-1011.
Funded by BCLC.